Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hello from Ft Worth Texas. I've been here for a week and two days, and I have about 2 more weeks to go. This place keeps you pretty busy but this is the slow week. We only have one perf a day until Thursday, then 2 fri, 3 sat,and 2 on Sunday. That's SEVEN performances in 3 days! 

I brought 9 horses plus I am riding 2 of Rafter Gs horses. I am putting a lot if miles on all of them. Not only am I picking up but working the back pens too. It's like a feed lot in the back. I saddle a horse at 6:00 am and move the bulls and bucking horses and jog them while they are feeding. We also load and unload trucks during the day . 2 hours before the perf I drive the timed event  cattle to the arena and then the bulls and horses. 

45 minutes before the perf I go see the Justin sports medicine guys and they ice, stretch, and tape my leg. 

Working this deal is kinda like working at a big corporation. It's kinda neat. I have to turn in a list of the horses I want to ride and they put it into an excel spreadsheet. They wash and saddle my horses and hang the proper chaps from the saddle and bring them up. They also hay attendants that stay with the horses and clean the stalls every time they poop and keep the water full. 

It's a lot different and takes some getting used to but it's a pretty neat experience. 

The Lord has watched over me and I've held together pretty good despite my injuries. I really miss my family and can't wait to see them. 

2 comments:

  1. I bet. I so love following you while you are on your journey. Am so happy that your leg is doing so well and you have the guys to look after it for you. Stay well & safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just
    your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and
    all. Nevertheless just imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips to
    give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this site could undeniably be one of the very best in its niche.
    Great blog!

    Stop by my blog logaston

    ReplyDelete