Saturday, January 12, 2013



Well here I am sitting in my living room drinking coffee and watching the cows outside with their new babies. I love early mornings on the ranch. This is my last weekend home for a while. My 2013 rodeo year starts this week. I am still pretty nervous about my leg, I'm getting around alright albeit with a pretty noticeable limp, what I'm worried about is riding a horse. I have been riding the last couple of days but it is plenty painful! I can go all day in a left lead but the right lead is muy malo.

I have a couple more days to work on it. We leave Thursday for Alexandria slack is Friday morning, then a perf Friday night, and a matinee Saturday afternoon then the last perf Saturday night. The two-a-day will be good practice for Ft Worth.

We'll get up early Sunday morning and make the 5 hr drive back to Elkhart then change trucks and trailer and pickup more horses and turn around and head to Ft Worth the same day. I will have 4 horses in Alexandria but will be taking 9 to Ft Worth. Our living quarters trailer will haul 5-6 horses max thus the trailer swap.

Once we get to Ft Worth the marathon begins...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the riding. I'm sure that it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete